Job Summary: As a Security and Assets Protection Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling all entrances on property, patrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to achieve a consistently high level of Guest and Staff safety, and property integrity for the Ocean Terrace Inn. Under the direct supervision of the Security and Asset Protection Manager, you must maintain safety and security standards of the hotel and ensure that they observed by Guest and Staff.
- To inspect and ensure all entrances/exits, Guests room doors, offices, Restaurants and Conference Room doors are locked and secured.
- Should be able to conduct effective foot patrols and should be keenly observant in monitoring premises
- Be able to write effective reports on Incidents occurring on the Hotel premises and ensure Security record books are kept up to date.
- Possess the basic knowledge of initial steps taken when a major incident occurs on the Hotel Premises in order to pertinent evidence for Law Enforcement Investigation.
- Provide support and assistance in emergency situations that poses an immediate threat to a person’s health, security, property, or environment.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Graduate; or has attained at least three (3) CXC-CSEC passes which includes English
- Must be able to stand long periods of time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has experience in Security or any related field
- Flexible; able to work weekends, holidays and overnight
- Able to maintain a calm demeanour and make sound decisions during times of heightened stress
All interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to the General Manager, Ocean Terrace Inn, Wigley Avenue, Fortlands, St. Kitts no later than November 29th, 2019.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED